Wednesday 7 May 2014

Video: US woman posts video of her abortion on YouTube


A US abortion counselor outraged thousands of people after she posted a video of herself having an abortion on YouTube. 25 year old Emily Letts, who said she got pregnant by mistake, filmed herself having a surgical abortion, which she said she wanted to use to "show other women it wasn't scary".

Emily, who was about 2 months pregnant, said she could have swallowed an abortion pill instead of going in for surgery, but wanted to do the one that women were most afraid of. "I wanted to show it wasn’t scary - and that there is such a thing as a positive abortion story. It’s my story."

In the three minutes video, Emily is seen being wheeled into the operating theater before being filmed from the waist up as doctors remove the embryo from her womb. She remains awake throughout the procedure, numbed only by local anesthetic. After the procedure is over, Emily excitedly says 'I'm done. Yay!'

The video has disgusted many people, especially pro-life campaigners who are asking her bosses at the Cherry Hill Women's Center in New Jersey to sack her.
"I got... "You deserve to die", "you killed your baby' but I don't feel like a bad person. I knew I wasn't ready to take care of a child. I knew what I was going to do was right - it was right for me and for no one else,' Emily said. Watch the video after the cut...



2 comments: