Tuesday 13 May 2014

“I Don’t Do Runs” – Halima Abubakar

“I Don’t Do Runs” – Halima Abubakar on “Gullible” Stereotypes  & Celebrity Marriages

Actress Halima Abubakar is no stranger to saying it like she means it.
In a recent interview with Yes International Magazine – out now, she speaks on life growing, why celebrity marriages don’t last and being controversial.
When speaking on if she is in a relationship, Halima says it is “gullible” for people to assume she does “runs” – a name given to girls who date older men for money.
“Yes. You all have been guessing about that, but una get strength, why una wan know my guy? Do you know if I have? I laugh when I hear stuff like this. I just laugh at the assumptions. I have always loved being
with just one guy. I don’t do runs. Because I bought a car, gullible people are saying I do runs. So, because I want to buy a car, I will have to sleep around before I can get it? That’s silly. Everyone has become a judge and the main judges don’t have work to do again. Please, I’m too young to be in a hurry to get rich. God can bless you anytime with just one breakthrough, if you are okay, cool and contented.” she says.
To read the full interview, pick up the new issue. Read Excerpts; On life growing up: ”Life growing up was mixed, in the sense that I was born into money, but we lost all we had to Savanah Bank, of which my dad was a boss at different branches. Savanah Bank closed, so was his money. I don’t want to lie to you, you are hearing from me, not a copied interview and I will try to be honest.”
On being controversial: “I’m not controversial. Why? People talk and the press write. Guess my name gives them (gossips) orgasm. I’m a simple home couch-loving lady. I love mybed, my comfort; whether there is spring or mat, I’m great at home. I don’t party. I feel like I don’t have fun and still not having fun, because I’m too serious and have been working since I was 13 years. But, it’s okay. I’m here making my own rules and making sure I follow them. I love meriting stuff, so I don’t cut corners. Hard work is better. You can sleep your way through, but it never lasts. I knew that from day one. When people reject me, I don’t worry because they are the ones missing and losing, not knowing how amazing I am. People love judging and as long as people love hearing hear says, then they add lies to sweeten the gist. So, how am I controversial? I’m always misunderstood by lots of people. Just because I don’t talk too much does not mean I’m unfriendly or arrogant. I’m just a calm-natured person. Not giving to stress. People have made me calm because of their constant gossips. I’m now like “Django”. I laugh and move on. I know that people still fight for me behind. So, God bless you all for the love.”
On the most controversial thing she has heard about herself: “The most controversial story I have heard about myself is that I was a recent mummy! My Instagram life is now a source of daily news for blogs. Daily, I post and daily they give headlines to it. If I post a chicken now, in minutes, you will read Halima about eating this fowl, or Halima about to poopoo (Chuckles). But it’s well. I respect my pen pushers, but they can go on. So far, nothing damaging. I’m honoured to be talked about. I’m still that humble Halima, a young woman who knows her boundaries.”
On the challenges of being an actress: ”The challenges about being famous are lack of privacy and people who are trying so hard to bring you down while pretending to love you. I might be young, but I choose peace over anything. If people love you, they love you. Those who don’t will learn to love you with time.”
On when she intends to tie the knot: “That’s private. If and when I’m walking down the aisle, I will let you know. But, I love the guessing game you all are doing.”
On why celebrity marriages don’t last: “Marriages don’t last in general because people are not as in love as they should be. Yes, I’m the wrong candidate to talk about marriage because I’m not married. But really, one person is always not truthful. Only few people stay in love. Those few people are rare. Sometimes you get taken for granted and want out or you stay and honour the reason you fell for each other in the first place. It is every one’s problem, not just Nollywood.”

1 comment:

  1. She certainly seems to speak her mind. As to whether she's being truthful is another thing altogether.

    ReplyDelete