Thursday 8 May 2014

Trader concealed drugs in dried fish, melon, others


A 38year old trader, Jude Izuchukwu, (pictured above) has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, while trying to smuggle a 9.375 kilogramme of compressed cannabis out of the country, Punch reports.
 
The trader was arrested on Monday night while attempting to board an Ethiopian flight to China. the drug was found inside the suspect’s foodstuff. 
 
Izuchukwu who claims to be selling clothes at Lagos Island said he got into the business after he was duped;
"I sell clothes on Lagos Island. My business was doing well until I was duped of N5m. Since then, I have been living from hand to mouth. I bought the hemp for N104, 000 and I learnt that I could sell it for $9,000 in China. That was the reason I decided to smuggle drugs" he said

Parading him before newsmen,  the NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar said officers detected the drug when the suspect came to check in his luggage. The cannabis was concealed in dried fish, dried bitter leaf, crayfish, melon and other local food spices. The weight of the cannabis is 9.375kg".

1 comment: