Wednesday 16 October 2013

I Will Not Worship A God That Is Against Homosexuals- Popular Archbishop Says


A South Africa's Nobel peace laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu says he will never worship a "homophobic God" and would rather go to hell. 

The retired archbishop was speaking at the launch of a UN-backed campaign in South Africa to promote gay rights. 

Archbishop Tutu, now 81, is a long-standing campaigner for gay rights. 

"I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place," Archbishop Tutu said at the launch of the Free and Equal campaign in Cape Town. 

"I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this." 

Archbishop Tutu said the campaign against homophobia was similar to the campaign waged against racism in South Africa. 

"I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid. For me, it is at the same level," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment