Thursday 6 February 2014

''I'm 78, He's 39 But The Age Gap Doesn't Affect Things In The Bedroom''



Edna Martin is 78 year old pensioner who loves knitting, organ music and a toy boy half her age. The divorced grandmother from Weston-super-Mare met husband Simon, 39, through their shared passion for organ music and they both agree it was 'love at first sight'.
The couple have made headlines around the world due to their 39 year age gap and now they are sharing their story in a new Channel 5 documentary.
Edna's children are all older than Simon, who was a 30-year-old who had never kissed a girl and was still living with his parents in Birmingham when they first met. He admits: 'I did like ladies but I hadn't had any success in any way.' That all changed when he met Edna, who was nearly 70 at the time.

 They snuck off from an organ recital to share their first kiss under the pier and have been inseparable ever since. 'I can't imagine being without Simon, he's the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night,' Edna said. Edna admitted their age gap 'doesn't affect things in the bedroom',


 while Simon jokes they are 'at it like rabbits. ' He added: 'You have to have a sense of humour about sex as it's a ridiculous thing anyway.' But despite their active sex life, there will never be children. Something that Edna feared could have kept them apart. 'I told him to leave me because it would mean he couldn't have children - but thank god he didn't,' she said. Edna needs a walking aid to get around and she said her lack of mobility can be frustrating.
But Simon says it doesn't bother him and he doesn't notice the physical differences in their ages, nor worries that he could face decades without his true love. He explains: 'I have physically disabilities which mean my body has aged faster than someone else my age. So I will probably have a shorter life span. We'll just keep going as long as we can.

2 comments:

  1. Are they d same couple in d two pix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 39 yrs dıff?..tufıakwa! Thıs ıs not ĿƱ√ but chıld abuse!
    Hope Emeghara

    ReplyDelete