Wednesday 27 March 2013

Relationship’ Falling In Love With My Best Friend Without Meaning To



Recently I met one of my friends for tea. On the phone he said he had a great news for me, so I was excited he was excited, to tell you the truth i could not make out what he was saying all i can remember is that he said great news, “let us met up for lunch” I was excited even more for him, because he has his own business and things were taking off nicely and smoothly for him. We met for lunch a week after his return from his travels, having our tea and a bit of chit-chat, he said
“you would not believe it? my life is where it should be, my business is going nicely the clients keep coming back as well as recommending me to others, my bank is happy with my progress, my accountant is giving me a guarantee, if things keep up this way, I will be getting an early retirement, and finally he said out loud and clear “Am in love! ” My response was great, you know it all took me by surprise, you see we have be friends for such a long time and without meaning to I have fallen in love with him, so you see I was hopping that one we would become …… He traveled to the Caribbean for one week holiday and that is where they met. They speak to each other several times per day every day via Skype. He was in love  he hasn't felt this way in years since his break up with his ex, over a decade ago. Life is very interesting I thought to myself at the end of our meeting. I was not sad, but just surprise, but mind you, i am really happy for him, I know my respond was not so great, but well am only human, it strange how one can just easily fall in love with one’s best friend, yet am suppose to be in love with my would be husband. I have come to realise that, we humans get in relationships or fall in love for for several reasons, and we do need relationship to stay alive or fulfilled. Whether it’s for friendship, appreciation, love, money, business, networking, appearances or whatever the case each party has to benefit from each other. I don’t know but When conversation about relationship begins all i think of is “relationship are meant to be beneficial to both parties” regardless. Eyebrows raise and arguments begins, but if we are honest with ourselves we are benefiting from each other whether emotionally, financially or whatever the case. I like using myself as an example. I met my partner soon to be my husband after being estrange from my husband for two years. When we met I was still healing from my past relationship and was not ready for a relationship. We began speaking to each other a lot about our lives and to my surprise he was at the same place I was on the bases of dealing with our past.  I drew closer to him daily because he was what as they say the doctor's order I felt loved and security and that is what I needed. So I was benefiting from our relationship and am positive he was also.

No comments:

Post a Comment