Monday 11 March 2013

BN Exclusive Interview With The Queen Of Gospel Music Iyobo Omo-Odiase Winner Best INTERNATIONAL FEMALE GOSPEL ARTIST


My name is Iyobo Omo-Odiase, I was born in Benin City Nigeria and spent my early childhood there, I later moved to The Netherlands (Holland) where I met my husband. We been married for  7 years now, we have  two lovely kids, a six and nine year old boys. My hobbies are singing, Baking cakes and cooking (Though I do all three professionaly . I love to do shopping and go on holidays with my family.

You are fully in the entertaining business, which takes a whole lot of your time, can you tell us how you got into the business, and why.
I believe Singing is a calling upon my life, so I wouldn't call it entertainment. It’s a ministry of praise to bring good news and encouragement to God’s people through effective praise. I started singing in Nigeria at an early age of 8 in the Baptist church where I was brought up. I have always been singing in the choir, right from Nigeria till I moved to Europe where I still continued singing. A few years ago I finally I realized what I was called to do, then I picked up my pen started writing just as the spirit leads me. Today, God’s name is been glofied through my albulms HOLY-GHOSTFIRE  and  KING OF THE UNIVERSE.
There is no greater joy than signing for the Lord, tell us a little about your journey  as a gospel signer
Singing for the Lord has made me a very changed person, I do bless God each day that he called me to sing his praise. Singing for him simply means being his voice, the understanding of praise has made me more than a conqueror each day. It’s not like I have the best voice in the world, but the very fact that I was called to do this has brought me this far. The one who called me is faithful, he is a convernant keeping God. So I have learnt to remain in him because his grace upon my life has kept me in this journey till now. I sing not to praise man or myself, but to praise God so that his power might be made manifest in the life of men.
Iyobo your interest varies,  from music management to music production can your please tell us more about.
Singing is my main passion, I love it more than any other thing. I also love acting, and have done about two movies (From Amsterdam With Love  & Girls In Europe) but it’s not what I put in too much in time for now.
You look well  and very trim how do you make the time to keep trim, look after the kids and be a wife, with such a busy schedule.
Wow!!!! Thanks for the nice compliments. Well to me it’s very important and healthy to stay in shape because our health is not something we should joke about with, so I do all I can to stay healthy and look good for me and also for my ( KING) husband. lol
I have my own private gym at home where I work out. I wake up as early as six in the morning(6am) before my boys wakes up, this gives me the needed time to have quiet moment with my best friend ( THE HOLY-SPIRIT) and then go some work outs. I spend the rest of the day doing other things and being the best wife and mom I could be by his grace and not mine, because it takes God’s grace to run my daily life and still keep standing. My friends wonder how I manage to do the things I do even as a mother. So I will say it is by God’s grace that I am who I am.. I must also say that God blessed me with a very understanding and loving husband. I call him my ENOGIE (“Chief” in my Native Edo Language),  he is my MIRACLE. God knows that I needed such a man that will love and  give me all the support needed to carry me through, in this ministry that he has called me into.
You have had some good hit music,  please tell us more about that and the different albums you have released to date.
My first albulm was HOLY-GHOSTFIRE , but back then I did not truly understand what I was called to do. So I will say my present album KING OF THE UNIVERSE is the albulm that God really use to anounce me. The hit track in this albulm is called “BABA”.
Quit a few award to your name please can you tell us some about your latest award.
Well BABA has been nominated 3 times so far. (In Nigeria, London and Ireland). I won the award for best INTERNATIONAL FEMALE GOSPEL ARTIST in Ireland and this would not have been possible without the grace of God and loyal support of my fans because there were also very good and talented Gospel artists nominated along with me. I want to use this opportunity once again to say a very big thanks to all my fans and friends for their Love, Support, Prayers and faith in me. I am extremely humbled than words could say,  Please watch out for my new Video Clips “Heavenly Father” and “Baba You Do Well”. I love you all and may God bless each and everyone of of you .
Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment