Saturday 16 March 2013

I can be a pain in the butt – Halle Ihmordu

Halle


Halle Ihmorde is one of Nigeria’s budding female artistes who hails from Esako Central, in Edo State.  She has got lots of
flexibility that is craftily tailored to every beat, giving her energetic  and electrifying dance steps. She hit limelight when she emerged winner of Channel O Dance African competition in 2007, and since then, she has not looked back. She was also the last female contestant standing at 2008, Maltina Dance Hall. In this interview with Showtime Celebrity,  she shares her story as a rising female act, her dreams and aspirations…Enjoy! So far so good, isn’t it? I won’t say it has been easy because nothing good comes easy, even my manger can actually testify to that. But thank God, we are making waves right now. When you say it has not been easy how do you mean? What I mean is that in a pitch that is prominently dominated by the men folks, you will agree with me that you need to have what it takes to survive in the industry. That is why I said, it has been a tough road, but gradually, the way is actually getting opened.

Halle
Your kind of music My kind of music, is a mixture of naija pop, hip pop with an African flavour. I have several singles which are currently doing very well in the market. Some of my singles include, Hallelicious, “Mujojo Ijo Fidodido, Dance with Somebody, Rock your Body and my new single “Doty Shower. Nigerian music industry Seriously, we are doing good, every artiste are upping their music and doing Nigeria proud within and outside the shores of the country. Menace of  piracy To a reasonable extent the piracy issue has been dealt with and stakeholders in the industry are still working to ensure that it is totally eradicated. But I believe that with time everything will die off. Those that influenced my musical career The late Michael Jackson, Whitey Houston and Janet Jackson, inspired my kind of music. God is my greatest inspiration. Also, I am inspired by my environment. Future Wining a Grammy in the next couple of years is where I would love to see myself. I am really working hard on that. Challenges Like I said earlier, I have passed through a lot of ups and downs, hard times. Most times, I found myself  going into the studio in the morning and working all through the day in a studio and you don’t get a particular tune you want. And every day different things come up and you are trying to improve your self, keep up the pace and remain relevant. I am not trying to be a stumbling block to anybody, I am not trying to be like anybody, Halle is Halle.Halle-Ihmordu-200 Nigerian music industry over saturated! No actually, the music industry hasn’t heard anything yet, because my tune is actually coming out different. Coping as a young female act Funnily, I don’t see myself as a female act; I actually grew up in the midst of boys, so my background has helped me a great deal in relating to the men folks. And honesty, I have done well. Dress sense My dress sense actually is a mixture of  kind of things, I could do a sexy outfit today and tomorrow I am all tomboyish and the next time, you see me I am dressed differently. I just mix every thing together and that is my definition of Halle dress sense. Do you consider yourself fashionable? Yes, I am very fashionable, better still let me put it this way, I am a fashionista, What fashion item you can’t be caught wearing? I can’t be caught wearing a baggy jean or a very short skirt or dress. But short dresses are very trendy? When I am on stage, I love to dress to kill and look different What about male admirers? Male admirers,  no comments What was growing up like for you? Growing up was fun, I had everything around me, because I am the last child of the family. What was your family’s reaction when you opted to go into music? My parents were actually not into it at first, but when I started it, and they realized it is my passion they encouraged me. When did you discover your passion for music? The dancing thing started while I was in secondary school, but I discovered my love for music a few years ago before I decided to go into it professionally. How would you describe yourself? I am an entertainer, I love God, I am very stubborn I am down to earth, I am very playful, and I can be a pain in the butt. What is your word for people who would be reading this interview? People say that the sky is not the limit but above it, believe in yourself and have self confidence and believe in God because there is nothing possible without God. Role models in the Nigeria music industry Tu face, he is like a brother from another mother. Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment