Friday 1 November 2013

Healthy Living And Weight Management


Our favorite Healthy Food Editor: Mary  AKA Smoothie Princess. a Qualified Information, Advice & Guidance Coordinator, had this to say in weight management and healthy living. You can ask her ask any Question join her in  our comment box or a arrange a  live Chart with.
Mary said  love my fruits but chewing them is something I did not enjoy for a long time until I discovered ‘The Smoothie’. It’s been three years now since I discovered the smoothie and I have not looked back. My journey started from a visit to Lewisham market where one can get a variety of season fruits and whats more, you can get 10 kinds of fruits for £10. A couples of day before, I ordered an 800watts smoothie maker from amazon.co.uk
 and it was delivered so with my bag load of fruits, big cheery smile, I went home and…. to be continued
I selected 5 fruits, washed and chopped them into the smoothie maker and waited for the smooth refreshing drink. And boy was it fab? Of course it was. I had my 5 a day in less than 5 minutes. I did this for a couple of days and then, I got creative by adding yogurts, oats, milk, honey, goji berries, nuts etc. It’s been a discovery for me. I now have smoothie for breakfast and it keeps until 1-2pm. Not only does one get the required nutrients and vitamins from this refreshing drink, the calorie count are low and the intestinal tract shouts yuhuuuuuu cos it starts its day with a liquefied meal. And don’t forget the weight management scope of this whole smoothie for breakfast thing
REply from Betty
This is great information Mary, well of course it has to be your are good, and i guess it your profession, it sounds great.
With your five a day mix, when do you start adding the creative ones IE, milk is it after you have made your smoothie of after.
So to ask what 800watts smoothie maker do you use, or can one use any brand, however will like to know the one you are using. thanks

Thanks a lot Betty for your kind words. You are right, Smoothie making is my thing so my friends and weight management group call me the ‘Smoothie Princess’.
Okay enough about me, let’s talk in the language I speak… Smoothie. The 800 watts smoothie maker is the Moulinex Complete Juice Machine, 800 Watts, 1.5 Litres from amazon.co.uk. The thing is, I have ordered so much and all of my weight management team and family members have been ordering too so it’s sold out. Am I bad? Never mind, you can use any other smoothie maker between 600-800 watts.
To answer your question Betty  (can I call you that?), the five a day mix of course can be any 5 or 6 fruits of your choice, add a glass of milk and blend. My weight management team usually ask about adding fruit juice but I prefer not to because they have added sugar so, water is preferable.
Interested in joining my Smoothie Club, do you own a phone? Then the world is your oyster cos you can ask me anything, anytime, anywhere. Out for now until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment